Le Monde Move-A-Thon
Get ready to kick off Le Monde’s first-ever virtual and in-person event: The Move-A-Thon! The Move-A-Thon is our student-driven fundraiser, much like a jog-a-thon. We have created Move-A-Thon BINGO Cards that the kids can use to participate in-person or virtually. Each BINGO card contains 25 squares, each square has an exercise that the student must perform to “complete a square” and work towards a “Blackout”. In-person students will be participating in the Move-A-Thon on Thursday, October 29th during their PE class time. Virtual Students have a window of four days (10/26-10/29) to participate in the Move-A-Thon. Donators can pledge per BINGO square or make a flat donation. Students can complete up to three BINGO cards (25 exercises per BINGO card). We are so excited for this year’s event and can’t wait to see y’all. Get your Move On!!!
Kick Off: October 15, 2020
Move-A-Thon: Week of October 26-30th for Virtual Students and Thursday, October 29th for IN Person Students
PE Class Times:
Kinder: 8:40 – 9:30 am
Pre-K: 9:40 – 10:10
2nd-3rd Grades: 10:15 – 11:05
1st Grades: 12:20 – 1:10 pm
456 Grades: 1:40 – 2:30 pm
Drop-off Move-A-Thon B.I.N.GO. cards: Friday, October 30th or submit a photo of Bingo Card to Sooner1@hotmail.com
Print Virtual Student Bingo Cards with this link:
How to Get Started
Fundraise the Easy Way We hope every family will register with the Pledgestar site!
This is Le Monde’s first year using online fundraising for our annual Jog-A-Thon, newly renamed the Move-A-Thon this year! We have had great feedback from other families and fellow schools that have used this system and have found that it was efficient and very user-friendly. It’s also secure: PledgeStar doesn’t share email addresses with anyone and doesn’t expose students’ personal pages on the web unless you choose to share their private link via social media.
Go to PledgesStar Move-A-Thon Site
Signing up will take less than 10 minutes of your time, including asking friends & family to sponsor your student(s):
1. Go to the following Pledgestar Registration
2. Click on “Not Registered For this Year’s Event?” and enter your name, email address and create a password. Enter you jogger’s name and teacher.
3. You’ll be asked to upload a photo (if you’d like) and provide email addresses for family and friends so our system can send a personalized email from your child. This is easy as the PledgeStar system will ask you to add Family & Friends by using your existing Gmail, Yahoo or Microsoft contacts. All you have to do is click on which you have and choose who you wish to send a request to. *Do not worry, only you will have access to the contact information! No one else, not Le Monde and not Pledgestar, no one! All your friends and family’s information is solely yours and does not go to a 2nd or 3rd party!
4. After you enter the emails, our system will send a sweet letter from your child(ren) that is sent to potential sponsors via PledgeStar — it’s pretty darn irresistible with YOUR student’s photo there on the letter!
5. You can share your student’s PledgeStar link on Facebook and other social media if you wish!
6. After a supporter makes their donation, PledgeStar will acknowledge their generosity with a thank you email and a receipt for tax purposes. You’ll also be notified immediately that they contributed.
Have someone who wants to donate by check rather than a credit card? They can go ahead and fill out the PledgeStar form online and select the “check” option. You will receive a notification of their donation and they’ll receive a receipt for tax purposes. Have them make the check out to “Le Monde International School”. Just mail the check to the office and it will get to the PTO Move-A-Thon team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my student walk if they want or run? Yes! Some students run the entire time, some do a combination of running/walking and others choose to walk. Participation is what we’re aiming for at this fun event. All the exercises will be geared towards varying levels, modifications for hard/easy will be given. Please remember, while some of the spaces have a lot to do, just take it in stages and reach the full amount needed to “cross off” the space! Also, this is on the honor system, so remind your student(s) to show hardwork and honesty when working on the BINGO Cards as virtual students. In person students will be conducting the BINGO card fitness tasks during their regular class PE times. We will be needing a few parent volunteers, be on the look-out for a sign-up sheet on Seesaw. Post Move-a-thon, in-person students will immediately go to the outdoor hand washing stations to maintain COVID safety. ***Be on the look-out for a “How to do the movements” virtual students!
Do we need to wear anything specific during the Move-A-Thon? Your student can wear any Le Monde school color Spirit wear. Please remember to wear appropriate shoes and bring a water bottle.
Do we have to raise money to participate? While we hope that families will be able to fundraise to the degree, they feel comfortable, our goal is that every Le Monde student participate in the Move-A-Thon and feel proud of their accomplishments. Our student-driven fundraiser is a big part of our school’s fundraising plan and aims to raise $10,000 to support things like a giant cork board to display schoolwork and art for Celebration of Learning, curriculum enrichment, and S.T.E.M. equipment projects for all grades.
Note that PledgeStar automatically assigns each student a goal of fundraising $125. This is auto generated for every student at Le Monde. Some students raise over $125, others raise the minimum – just have your student do their best to help Le Monde in a way that feels comfortable for your family!
What is the timing for the event? In-person Students can complete as many Move-A-Thon BINGO Cards they want during their class period. Virtual students are encouraged to do a little each day from October 26-29.
Will there be Prizes and Awards?
Prizes are posted on the PledgeStar website…check it out! We want to provide our students with experience-based prizes as well as the intrinsic motivation to serve our school out of the goodness of their heart.
Questions about anything?
Just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sooner1@hotmail.com and we’d be happy to help!